Need help finding the right words during the COVID-19 crisis? Get the Communications Handbook for Coronavirus today. First edition publishd March 19, 2020. Ebook will be updated as the situation develops.
Doug Levy's first book, The Communications Golden Hour, has become a highly acclaimed handbook for public safety communicators. By reading this book, you will learn:
- How to organize communications so that crucial information gets out fast.
- Ways to prepare so that emergency responders can put their effort towards situation-specific issues.
- Why some messages work better than others.
- How to choose the right words.
- Skills to be an effective spokesperson.
- What you need to know about special populations or other unique factors in your audience.
"If your job includes crisis or emergency communications, this terrific book is for you." —Sree Sreenivasan, social media consultant and former Chief Digital Officer of New York City.
"…Levy's principles and checklists…will get you through (your crisis) without too many lasting scars." — Gayle Lynn Falkenthal, Los Angeles Daily Journal/California Lawyer
"Get this book. If you work in an industry that is at the mercy of the public at large and the media when the crisis hits, this is a must read." — Sgt. Tim Burrows (Ret.), law enforcement social media consultant and author, Walking the Social Media Beat